May 20, 2009

A Few Tidbits

I'm watching a really creepy show right now with puppets and miming and giant mosquitos, waiting another hour before I go to bed. I've thought of little things I've wanted to share over the past few days, so I'm going to do a common post for all of them.


No Thai babies for me...

I will not be bringing any little Thai children with me when I go back (despite them being ADORABLE, I think I will have my fill with approximately 17 classes per week). 

Instead, I plan on stealing this little thing:


SO CUTE!!! She's my uncle's little toy poodle.

Sleepy baby...

Thai accents

I speak Thai with most people here, but they often ask me how to say certain things in English. They have a hard time with certain sounds, like ch, sh, th, r, and final consonants. Most of the time they drop the final consonant, but not always. The letter t at the end of a word usually comes out as an s sound. This makes words like peanut slightly awkward for me when I'm teaching my uncle, my boss, or little children.

Go Alex go!

The other day, a few of the teachers at one of the schools were talking with me, and they agreed that my Thai was the best of all the foreigners that have come here!

Alright, that's all for now.

(I wish I could share this TV show with someone. It's really creeping me out.)

Good night!

Love,
Alex

1 comment:

  1. no thanks for the tv show :p
    hey congrats about the "go alex go"

    ReplyDelete